1. Roadway Shipping is a registered and bonded property broker . This agreement between the customer, (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”), and Roadway Shipping allows to contract with another licensed and insured Motor Carrier to transport the vehicle(s) and or equipment described in this shipping order.
2. Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to your door as legally and as safely as possible. A mutually agreeable place to load or unload may be necessary because of low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets and residential area restrictions.
3. Roadway Shipping shall provide Customer with an estimated pick up and estimated delivery date. However, delays may occur prior to, and/or during transport due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding pick-up or delivery times and dates.Roadway Shipping / Carrier shall not be held responsible for loss or damages occasioned by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees or any accommodation fees, storage fees.Roadway Shipping / Carrier shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle and or equipment.
4. Roadway Shipping / Carrier jointly and separately are authorized to operate and transport his/her or their motor vehicle between its pick up location and the destination set forth on this shipping order-bill of lading.
5. Customer must prepare vehicle and or equipment for transport. All loose parts, fragile accessories, low hanging spoilers, etc. must be removed or secured. Shipper shall remove all non-permanent outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles and or equipment must be tendered to carrier in good running condition (unless otherwise noted) with no more than a half tank of fuel (prefer 1/4 tank).Any part of the vehicle that falls off during transport is the Customer’s responsibility including damages caused by said part to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved. Roadway Shipping and or Carrier will not be held accountable if customer’s vehicle or equipment detoriates due to old age, previous water damage or manufacture defects of an item we are shipping. This is rare yet may happen due to wind or road conditions.
6. Customer must disarm any alarm system installed in the vehicle or provide proper instructions for this matter. In the event said alarm sounds and there are no keys or instructions to turn it off, carrier may silence alarm by any means.
7. Luggage and personal property must be confined to trunk, with no heavy articles, and not to exceed 100 lbs.. Carrier and Roadway Shipping is not liable for personal items left in vehicle and or equipment, nor for damage caused to vehicle from excessive or improper loading of personal items. No personal property shall be transported in customer’s vehicle(s) and or equipment that includes but is not limited to Explosives, Firearms, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Customer agrees that Roadway Shipping/ Carrier may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. Roadway Shippingand Carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If Customer wishes to put items in the vehicle and or equipment he does so at his own risk.
8. If the vehicle and or equipment is inoperable or oversize (dual or oversize wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo, etc.), Customer must inquire as to extra charges. If Roadway Shipping is not advised of inoperable or oversized vehicles prior to pick-up, all extra charges must be paid in cash or money order upon delivery.If customers vehicle and or equipment becomes in-operable (unless noted as in-operable)during transport ,customer is responsible for all charges for equipment that was needed to load or unload customer’s vehicle or equipment, monies are due to carrier on delivery in cash,carrier will provide customer with reciepts.
9. Once a carrier has been assigned to pick up and transport Customer’s vehicle and or equipment Roadway Shipping notifies the Customer by phone.
10. CANCELLATION / REFUNDS / LATE-DELIVERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In the statements below, a business day is a weekday, Monday through Friday. A U.S. government holiday is not considered a business day.
IMPORTANT: Once the customer places an order; If the customer cancels that order before or within the 5 business days , the customer is entitled to a refund minus a $200.00 cancellation service charge per vehicle/equipment.
If the customer’s vehicle/item has not been assigned a driver after 5 business days of the first available pickup date, the customer is entitled to a full refund of there deposit.
If Roadway Shipping LLC sends a truck to pickup your vehicle/item and it is NOT ready to go, or it is NOT as described, there will be a non-refundable MINIMUM fee of $300. This includes, but is not limited to: wrong dimensions(length, width, height, and weight), vehicle does not run, when we were told it does, and the vehicle NOT being ready when we were told it was by the pickup location when we called in advance.
11. The Customer agrees that Roadway Shipping has the right to reject any order for any reason at any time.
12.Customer is responsible for getting an inspection sheet from the driver both at the pick up location and delivery location. At the time of pick up, Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle and or equipment for pre-existing damage by completing a inspection report. The Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and or equipment and Customer will sign and receive a copy of the bill of lading.
13. At the time of delivery, Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle and or equipment for transportation damages. The Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and or equipment and Customer will sign and receive a final copy of the bill of lading.
14. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the Bill of lading and signed by the Customer, regardless of weather or time of day. Signing the bill of lading and inspection report without notation of any damage verifies that Customer has received vehicle(s) and or equipment in satisfactory condition, and that Roadway Shipping/ Carrier, and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper/Customer hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Roadway Shipping llc, its parent, affiliated and subsidiary corporations and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, losses, costs, expenses, deficiencies, liabilities, obligations or damages (including related counsel fees) resulting from Broker’s acts or omissions. All claims must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of delivery. Roadway Shipping will share the carrier insurance policy upon request. Department of Transportation regulations require that all claims be filed in writing and all tariffs be paid in full before claim can be processed.
15. Carrier accepts responsibility of vehicle and or equipment after pre-inspection is done and is signed by the Customer. Carrier responsibility will end when the vehicle and or equipment is delivered and Customer signs final inspection.
16. Roadway Shipping / Carrier will not be responsible for damage caused by acts of God, hail or storm damage, or damage resulting from worn/broken parts of vehicle/item.
17. The Customer shall, in their absence, designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pick up and/or delivery, if for any reason they are unavailable.
18. Customer warrants that he/she will pay the transportation price/deposit due toRoadway Shipping / Carrier, for delivered vehicles and or equipment, and will not seek to charge back a credit card or stop a check to offset any dispute for damage claims and/or delays etc.. It is the Customer’s responsibility to have any payment due when the Carrier arrives. All payments for Carrier must be in the form of Cash, Cashier’s check or Money order – No exceptions. Certified funds must be made payable to the delivering carrier and not -Roadway Shipping . Personal checks or credit cards will NOT be accepted for the remaining balance – No exceptions! The Customer agrees that if the payment cannot be made by these methods, the vehicle/ or equipment will be stored at the Customer’s expense until Customer pays in full all transport charges. Should the Customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle/equipment will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Customer.
This agreement and any shipment here under is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier’s tariff and the uniform straight bill of lading, copies of which are available at the office of the carrier. This supersedes all prior written or oral representation of Roadway Shipping and constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and Roadway Shipping and may not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of Roadway Shipping. Roadway Shipping ‘ U.S. Department of Transportation Broker’s license number is 667827.