1. Roadway Shipping is a registered and bonded property broker . This agreement between the customer, (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”), and Roadway Shipping allows to contract with another licensed and insured Motor Carrier to transport the vehicle(s) and or equipment described in this shipping order.
2. Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to your door as legally and as safely as possible. A mutually agreeable place to load or unload may be necessary because of low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets and residential area restrictions.
3. Roadway Shipping shall provide Customer with an estimated pick up and estimated delivery date. However, delays may occur prior to, and/or during transport due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding pick-up or delivery times and dates.Roadway Shipping / Carrier shall not be held responsible for loss or damages occasioned by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees or any accommodation fees, storage fees.Roadway Shipping / Carrier shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle and or equipment.
4. Roadway Shipping / Carrier jointly and separately are authorized to operate and transport his/her or their motor vehicle between its pick up location and the destination set forth on this shipping order-bill of lading.
5. Customer must prepare vehicle and or equipment for transport. All loose parts, fragile accessories, low hanging spoilers, etc. must be removed or secured. Shipper shall remove all non-permanent outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles and or equipment must be tendered to carrier in good running condition (unless otherwise noted) with no more than a half tank of fuel (prefer 1/4 tank).Any part of the vehicle that falls off during transport is the Customer’s responsibility including damages caused by said part to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved. Roadway Shipping and or Carrier will not be held accountable if customer’s vehicle or equipment detoriates due to old age, previous water damage or manufacture defects of an item we are shipping. This is rare yet may happen due to wind or road conditions.
6. Customer must disarm any alarm system installed in the vehicle or provide proper instructions for this matter. In the event said alarm sounds and there are no keys or instructions to turn it off, carrier may silence alarm by any means.
7. Luggage and personal property must be confined to trunk, with no heavy articles, and not to exceed 100 lbs.. Carrier and Roadway Shipping is not liable for personal items left in vehicle and or equipment, nor for damage caused to vehicle from excessive or improper loading of personal items. No personal property shall be transported in customer’s vehicle(s) and or equipment that includes but is not limited to Explosives, Firearms, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Customer agrees that Roadway Shipping/ Carrier may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. Roadway Shippingand Carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If Customer wishes to put items in the vehicle and or equipment he does so at his own risk.
8. If the vehicle and or equipment is inoperable or oversize (dual or oversize wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo, etc.), Customer must inquire as to extra charges. If Roadway Shipping is not advised of inoperable or oversized vehicles prior to pick-up, all extra charges must be paid in cash or money order upon delivery.If customers vehicle and or equipment becomes in-operable (unless noted as in-operable)during transport ,customer is responsible for all charges for equipment that was needed to load or unload customer’s vehicle or equipment, monies are due to carrier on delivery in cash,carrier will provide customer with reciepts.
9. Once a carrier has been assigned to pick up and transport Customer’s vehicle and or equipment Roadway Shipping notifies the Customer by phone.